Last updated: July 1, 2021
Information We Collect
The types of information that Nuro collects includes, but is not limited to, the following categories below. We receive this information from consumers who provide this information directly to us (including through their interaction with our products and services), our retail partners, and in some cases, certain service providers we work with.
● Contact Information such as your full name, email address, phone number, and physical address for example when you sign up for our delivery service or when a retail partner provides this information to Nuro so that we can provide our Services
● Demographic Information such as your gender, age and date of birth, for example, to tailor our Services to you and to verify your age for certain age-restricted deliveries
● Order Details and History such as items, quantities, delivery preferences, instructions, pickup and delivery times to provide our Services and optimize them for your benefit
● Loyalty Card Information to apply discounts or earn rewards to your order
● Device Information such as geolocation, if you allow us access to your location through your device permissions, to provide our Services to you at a convenient location. If you choose not to provide us access to your location, we will deliver based on your provided delivery address, which in some cases (such as a large apartment complex) may be further from your device’s location. Most devices allow you to deactivate location sharing in the settings menu; please contact your device manufacturer if you would like more information on how to control location sharing.
Information We Collect Automatically
As is true of most websites and applications, Nuro’s website and mobile application collect certain information automatically and store it in log files for security, maintenance, and analytics purposes, or otherwise to develop and improve our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to:
● Internet protocol (IP) addresses,
● The region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet,
● Browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of Nuro’s website and mobile application, including a history of which pages within Nuro’s website you view.
● Sensor Information. Nuro is developing a service to provide deliveries using autonomous vehicles. Nuro’s autonomous and mapping vehicles use sensing systems, including cameras and microphones, to perceive objects and environmental conditions, enabling safe operation. The vehicles “see” and “hear” their environment in much the same manner as the driver of a regular, passenger vehicle would, and so these sensing systems may incidentally capture images or sounds that may include users of the Services. Additionally, the sensing systems inside the delivery compartments of Nuro’s autonomous vehicles may be active and may capture images and sounds of the individual(s) who are retrieving the delivered goods from the vehicle. The data collected by these sensing systems is logged, and used to operate the vehicle and provide customer support, and to improve driving performance and customer experience.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
How We Use Information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
● To provide, maintain and improve our Services
● To fulfill your order, including contacting you to confirm we received your order or to update you on progress, and allowing our drivers and autonomous vehicles to deliver your goods to you
● To process order payments
● To provide customer service, including contacting you with regards to issues or questions with your order or answering questions from you regarding your order
● For marketing, research and analytics
● To develop new products and Services
● To protect the rights and property of Nuro, our users, and others
● To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, and security issues
● To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
● To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, email, text message and other electronic messages, through our websites and applications. If you have signed up for our Services and have consented to receive text messages from Nuro, or if you have provided your consent to one of our retail partners so that we can stay in contact with you, we may send you text messages using an automated telephone dialing system to the mobile phone number you have provided and message and data rates may apply.
● How We Share Information
Nuro may share the information it collects about you in the following circumstances:
● Within Nuro and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership
● With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf
● With our retail partners
● With your consent, including if you intentionally interact with third-parties on our site
● In connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of Nuro business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding
● When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request
● As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep the information we collect for as long as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you, to operate our business, develop or improve the Services, to enable us to communicate with you, for our safety, research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. Where required, we will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it for the uses described above.
Nuro’s services are not available to children under the age of 13, nor are they intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. A valid credit card is required to place an order on our system. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request to review the information we collected and request that we delete the child’s personal information. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Third Party Links and Services
You can make a request to access and change your personal information we store by contacting us via email, at email@example.com. To further protect privacy, these requests are subject to identity verification.
If you would like to update your preferences, or opt out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by firstname.lastname@example.org, or by following the opt out instructions in the marketing communications. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as important notices and transaction-related emails and other information about your use of the Services.
California residents have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
California residents also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business, however Nuro does not sell personal information.
When we say “Personal Information” in this disclosure, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
Your California Rights and Choices
This section describes the CCPA rights that you may have and explains how to exercise those rights. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these privacy rights and Nuro does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, or Disclosed
You have the right to request up to twice in a 12-month period that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request, verify your identity and determine that we have your information, we will disclose to you the information you request in the following areas: (1) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the Personal Information; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information; and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
Right to Delete Personal Information Collected or Maintained
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request, verify your identity and determine that we have your information, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception under the CCPA applies. In our response to your request to delete, we will specify the manner in which we have deleted your Personal Information or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
· Calling us at 1-888-914-9661 and entering in the PIN #:653544
· Submitting a request through the webform made available here
You may designate an authorized agent to submit your consumer request on your behalf, so long as the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
Verifying Your Request
We cannot respond to your request to know or request to delete if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To verify your identity, we ask you to provide us with the following information when you submit your request: (1) first name, (2) last name, and (3) phone number or email.
We will use the above information to verify your identity. We will require additional information to verify your identity and fulfill your request depending on the type of request or the information requested by you.
CCPA Privacy Choices With Other Companies
Please note that the privacy choices described above apply specifically to Nuro and the personal information that Nuro collects about you. We do not control the privacy practices of other companies, including our retail partners, and therefore if you would like for your privacy choices to apply to other companies or to the personal information that we may hold as their service provider, then you will need to reach out directly to the other companies and submit your requests.
California “Shine The Light” Disclosure
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we do not disclose information of consumers from whom we directly collect data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Policy